- The police characters/workplace relationships
- The sense of place
- Twisty plotting/web of connections
Not so sure about:
- Another serial killer? It seems like a bit of a plot cheat: need to keep things going? Add another murder. (The serial killer isn't glamorized or the most interesting person in the book, though, and I appreciate that--the solution to that part was almost a side note).
- The graphic violence. There were a few scenes here I found literally stomach-churning and I'm not sure I can stick with the series because of that.
- Logan's a little too good to be true--I mean, he does make mistakes but he's always smarter than the bosses. Blah.